I have been a slacky blogger this week because I’ve been EXHAUSTED (and migraines, and nausea, and asthma, and, and, and…). It seems as though sleep is going to be a luxury from this point forward in my life…at least for the next 18 years or so.
In any case, this morning while I was walking down the hall at work [rubbing my belly], I announced “welp…I think there’s actually a baby growin’ inside my belly, guys.” As if this was some new revelation. As if there wasn’t a baby growing in there last week. I guess it’s just now starting to feel like there’s something growing in there, especially since my belly is now sticking out almost as far as my “bubbies” (thank you, Teresa Giudice).
I’m happy to report that I’m thoroughly enjoying this little treat right now…
I haven’t had any coffee products since July–not because I’m opposed to drinking caffeine (not an issue–I’ve been drinking decaf for over a year now), but because it made me want to barf. In fact, the only time that I actually had an “incident” early on with my morning sickness was in the bathroom at my favorite Starbucks. Haven’t been back since.
So, I was both surprised and overjoyed this morning when I had a hankering for an iced coffee.
It’s the small things, ya know?
Next Friday, I’m leaving on vacation for a whole week! If anyone is interested in guest-posting while I’m away, holla! I mentioned it on Twitter last week, but haven’t really been too aggressive…so if you don’t see anything in your feed next week from JL, you’ll know why [oops].
My Friday Five this week kind of drives the point home that I’m completely obsessed with food right now. I just am. I kind of always am, but right now, it’s only like a million times worse. Last night, while I was mall walking, I passed a man who was slurping on a smoothie. It was a pale purple color, and it looked delicious. I actually considered stopping to ask him what it was and where I could get one too.
Like seriously considered it.
I might need an intervention.
1) I’ve been searching the internet lately for recipes that are either a) quick, or b) freezer-friendly. These are the two winning qualities for me as of late because when I’m hungry, I’m REALLY hungry. Having dinner ready in 30-40 minutes is just not an option. Hungry turns into Hangry even quicker now than ever before, so I need to act quick. Having things already prepared in the fridge (like chopped veggies, cooked pasta and rice) has made my life much easier. I’ll be making One Dish Dinner’s Southwest Mac N Cheese next week because it’s easy, quick, and it has cheese in it.
2) Smashed Peas And Carrots made No Bake Energy Bites, and I am so glad she did. Back in my crazy “dieting down because I want to be a professional bodybuilder” days, I used to make something similar using chocolate protein powder. Now, I might be more inclined to use unsweetened cocoa powder…or both. Plus peanut butter. In any case, I’m going to make some of these this weekend, because I think they might help to ward off the Hangry that creeps up on me between 3-6PM.
3) Even though peaches are not in season here in Maryland anymore, I might be inclined to buy an immigrant peach just specifically so I can make The Noshery’s Fried Peach with Ice Cream & Honey Chipotle Sauce. Just look at it…the crispy outside, warm inside…spicy-sweet sauce…ice cream (!!). I need it.
4) I went out to lunch the other day with my friend at Noodles & Co., which I love, and she got one of their enormous (and delicious) Rice Krispie Treats. Considering that I haven’t really felt like eating sweets lately (thank you, baby #1), I didn’t partake. However, later that day, I found the most amazing-looking recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Krispies, and now I’m kinda obsessed…until I make them and realize that I don’t want to eat them either. But I’m sure everyone around me will be pleased!
5) This is not a new recipe, but it is SO worth mentioning. Mostly because I love it, but also because I love Mama Pea. So far, I’ve purchased 2 copies of her cookbook–one for me, and one because I felt like my friend needed one too. Christmas is coming, and I expect to buy at least a few more copies. The recipes are all vegan, but are so delicious that they appeal to everyone. Next month, I plan to post a few of Mama Pea’s recipes that I’ve loved so far. In the meantime, you need to make this Mmmm Sauce, and dip everything you eat into it…because it’s that good.
That’s it for this week!
Get ready for next week–although I’m leaving on vacation, I have a very fun post scheduled for Monday [it may or may not include a giveaway].
I also plan to start ‘practice packing’ this weekend. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a way to fit everything that I need for an international trip into 1 suitcase weighing under 50 pounds. But I was a Girl Scout, and I like to be prepared.
It’s going to be interesting.