Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful. – Mark Victor Hansen
Since beginning this website in 2008, Jogger’s Life has made a thorough transition. I’ve learned that my life can’t be measured in “before” and “after” photos, so I’ve removed them from the site.
I’ve learned that my life can’t be valued or measured in fast races, slow races, injuries, lack of injuries, perfect (or imperfect) love, the size of my jeans, or how curly or straight I wish my hair was on any given day.
My life is about experiences, relationships, and lessons.
I’ve learned so many lessons.
- I’m not a fast runner.
- I’ll never be a fast runner.
- Sometimes, I get hurt.
- Sometimes, I do races when I’m hurt because I know that I’ll never be mentally unstable enough to sign up for said race ever, ever again. Ever. I promise.
- Even though I’m not defined by my past eating disorder, it affects my life still, and I have to respect that fact.
- Real friends can be blog friends.
- I don’t have to write about food every day in order to be cool.
- I’m totally not cool.
- I don’t really care if I’m cool anymore.
- I can write about anything I want, because I’ll still be just as not-cool as I was before.
Throughout this transition, I’ve also realized something important about my life: when I stop trying so hard, life is actually fun. It feels like less of a job. It makes me WANT to live it. It makes ME fun.
So, that’s what happens at Jogger’s Life. I chat with my real blog friends. I primarily write about working out, food, crafts, and home projects. I tell you about all of my crazy ideas, you tell me (or just think) that I’m crazy, and we move on. It’s a nice place. There are no assumptions, no expectations, and most definitely no 8 minute miles.
Besides writing here at Jogger’s Life, I also am the owner/creator of Letters To My Body, Coupon Binder Store, and my new baby, my dream-come-true-in-the-making, Sugared Bakery. In my real life, I am an accountant, a freelance writer, a consultant, and a supreme idea-generator. I have ideas that make my brain hurt. If you’re interested in more information about my professional and personal credentials, please email me.
If you’d like information about advertising on Jogger’s Life, you can find more information on my advertising page.